This week marks one year since we launched NBC Asian America. In the past twelve months, we've tried our best to represent the depth and diversity of the fastest-growing group in America, to elevate the voices and issues of the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, and to bring you the stories that matter most to you.
By reading our stories, watching our videos, and sharing our content, you - in turn - have helped us to grow into one of the largest English-language, Asian-American news sources in the country, with 30 percent growth month-to-month, and an average of 1.5 million views each month.
Below, a look back at your top twenty stories from the last year.
- Indiana Sentences Purvi Patel to 20 Years for Feticide
- Alabama Cop Arrested for Takedown That Left Indian Man Partially Paralyzed
- Louisville Mourns 'Family Man' Shot After School Drop-Off
- Sureshbhai Patel, Grandfather Partially Paralyzed by Cop, 'Improving': Attorney
- Which Woman Should Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill?
- Indian Grandfather Paralyzed After Encounter with Alabama Police
- Teen Pilot on Around-World Flight Found Dead in Samoa
- Native Hawaiians to Federal Government: Give Us Back Our Kingdom
- The First Multiracial Miss Universe Japan Has Been Crowned
- North Korea Furious Over Kim Jong Un Parody Dance Video
- Teen Pilot Attempts to Break Record With 30-Day Flight Around the World
- Paul Kalanithi, Doc Behind Essays on Dying, Succumbs to Cancer
- Mindy Kaling's Brother: I Posed As Black to Get Into Med School
- Auction of Internment Items Halted After George Takei Intervenes
- Margaret Cho Responds to Critics of Her Golden Globes Cameo
- World's Largest Hindu Temple Being Built in New Jersey
- Purvi Patel, Sentenced to 20 Years for Feticide, Files Appeal
- Congressman Mike Honda's Transgender Granddaughter Makes Him Proud
- Adoptees to Rachel Dolezal: You're Not Transracial
- Chinese Actress Sued for Her Intense Stare