Breaking News Emails
A Phoenix man might want to rethink his choice of friends.
Firefighters with power drills and sledgehammers had to break the 23-year-old man out of his chimney overnight Saturday.
He got stuck there because his friends locked him out of the house — as a joke — and, given his options, he made what "proved to be a bad decision," the fire department said.
Firefighters got the call about 3 a.m. — when the temperature was 89 degrees, Arizona being Arizona — and it them about a half-hour to pull the man out.
Video of the rescue shows the unidentified shirtless man stumbling out of the hole in his chimney, covered in soot from head to toe, hitching up his trousers.
He was taken to a hospital as a precaution, the fire department said.