Breaking News Emails
Police have arrested a suspect in a drive-by shooting last week at a Boys & Girls Club in Rochester, New York, that left three people dead and four others wounded.
Rochester police did not name the suspect or provide many details at a Thursday night news conference, but said police have found the car and a firearm investigators believe were used in the Aug. 19 shooting that occurred after a basketball game.
"This investigation is still very active, ongoing, and even expanding," Rochester Police Chief Michael Ciminelli told reporters. He said police are planning more arrests of people investigators believe withheld the name of the suspected shooter.
Three people, Raekwon Manigault, 19, Jonah Barley, 17 and Johnny Johnson, 25, were killed after gunfire was sprayed at the crowd, NBC station WHEC in Rochester reported.
Rochester Mayor Lovely A. Warren said the funeral for one of the victims was held today, and the others are scheduled for Friday and Saturday.
"As we prepare to bury these young victims of violence, I’m grateful that their families can grieve with the knowledge that justice is being served," she said.
Contributions by the FBI and the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosions have increased the reward offered for information leading to a successful prosecution to $25,000, Ciminelli said.