Prime Day was created by Amazon, which has an affiliate relationship with Shop TODAY. Whenever you buy an Amazon product through our site, Amazon pays Shop TODAY a small commission on that sale.
Amazon Prime Day is live right now and we're in the second day (final hours): It ends tonight (as far as we know right now). In the sale's remaining hours, you’ll come across massive deals on significant items like TVs and mattresses, as well as noteworthy savings on distinct and lower-priced items like gifts, apparel, simple home electronics and even groceries both on Amazon and at other retailers like Walmart, Wayfair and Target.
Prime Day home and kitchen sales from other retailers
In our in-depth look at the history and impact of Prime Day, several experts told us that, as a result of the exponential growth of Amazon Prime Day (which started in 2015), other major retailers have begun running their own sales during the sales event. “Quite frankly, it has completely altered the retail calendar,” explained CNBC’s Annie Palmer. Some of those sales are running at Shopping reader favorite retailers like the aforementioned Wayfair, Walmart and Target. Outside of those, retailers large and small are running likewise substantial sales right now to match up against Amazon’s Prime Day sale. Here are some of the most relevant ones to Shopping readers:
- Best Buy: Save on Dyson products, TVs and more
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Save on select small appliances, cookware and food organizers
- Bloomingdales: Up to 75 percent off select cookware, small appliances and more
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 20 percent off dining seating, plus save on cookware, coffee makers and more
- The Home Depot: Up to 50 percent off select interior furniture, decor and kitchenware
- Macy’s: Save on home and kitchen items
- Target: Save on home electronics, decor and tech during Target’s Deal Days sales event
- Walmart: Save on furniture, kitchen and dining items and more during Walmart’s Big Save sales event
- Wayfair: Up to 60 percent off during the Wayfair Clearance Sale
- Overstock: Up to 70 percent off select items during Overstock’s Anniversary Sale
Amazon Prime Day 2020: home and kitchen sales
Our favorite deals right now
Furniture deals during Prime Day 2020
During Amazon Prime Day, you can save on everything from coffee tables and dining chairs to bed frames, TV stands and more. To help you find the best deals, we’ve rounded up the most notable furniture sales and deals below.
- 20 percent off mattresses from from Tuft and Needle, Nod and Simmons
- Up to 30 percent off Christopher Knight, Dorel, and Walker Edison Furniture
- Up to 30 percent off Sweetnight, Mellow, Leesa, and Sleep Innovations Mattresses
- Up to 30 percent off Ashley Furniture
- Up to 35 percent off Zinus Furniture
- Up to 40 percent off AmazonBasics Home Furnishings
Furniture brand deal
- BestOffice: 10 percent off BestOffice PC Gaming Chair
- Rating: 4.6-star average rating, more than 1,000 reviewers
- Highlights: This vanity stool is 19.5-inches tall and is made from polyester upholstery. It features a steel circular back with decorative knot detailing for a classic design. Plus, it's an Amazon bestseller when it comes to vanities and vanity benches.
- Rating: 4.6-star average rating, more than 1,000 reviewers
- Highlights: This mattress is soft and firm to give you pressure where you need it. It includes two layers of polyurethane foam and a layer of AirScape perforated foam to help keep you cool while sleeping. This is the lowest price it’s ever been listed on Amazon, according to price comparison site CamelCamelCamel.
- Rating: 4.4-star average rating, more than 23,000 reviewers
- Highlights: Back and side sleepers will swoon over the 14 inches of plushness that this gel infused, hypoallergenic mattress offers. A two- inch layer of ventilated gel memory foam helps keep you cool while nine inches of bamboo charcoal-infused foam brings full body support and stability. The only time this mattress was on sale for less on Amazon was back in April and only for a few dollars cheaper.
Save on kitchen essentials
Amazon Prime Day is a great time to shop for kitchen items, including cutting boards, cookware, tools and more. If you’re looking to spruce up your kitchen or want to do some early holiday shopping, we’ve compiled the most notable kitchen sales and deals below.
Kitchen essentials sales
- Up to 40 percent off kitchen essentials from Goodful, Contigo, Stasher and More
- Up to 40 percent off AmazonBasics Kitchen Essentials
- 43 percent off Le Creuset Chef Oven with Trivet
- Up to 48 percent off select Calphalon Products
- Up to 55 percent off select Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery
Kitchen essentials brand deals
- Contigo: 32 percent off Contigo Autoseal 10-oz Travel Mug
- Gorilla Grip: 43 percent off Gorilla Grip Original Oversized Cutting Board
- Wüsthof: 33 percent off Wüsthof Gourmet 7-Piece Traveler's Set
- Rating: 4.7-star average rating, more than 6,900 reviewers
- Highlights: The bar set is Amazon's No. 1 bestseller when it comes to barware tool sets. It includes a 24-oz martini shaker with built in strainer, double size measurement tool, bar spoon, 10-inch muddler and more. It's made of stainless steel for a sleek design and features a mirror finish. This is the lowest price it’s ever been listed on Amazon.
- Rating: 4.9-star average rating, more than 13,000 reviewers
- Highlights: If you’re looking to invest in a new piece of enameled cast iron, this 3.5-quart sauteuse oven is on sale for a limited time. With a dome-shaped lid that locks in flavor, this versatile piece of Le Creuset is ideal one-pot meals including those that require stovetop slow-braising and oven roasting.
- Rating: 4.6-star average rating, more than 1,300 reviewers
- Highlights: From cereal and salad to pasta or Pho Ramen, anything you serve up in these 30-inch bowls will look perfectly presented. The dishwasher and microwave-safe set of six white bowls have a chic flared edge for an understated modern touch. This is the lowest price these bowls have been listed online.
Save on kitchen appliances
While you peruse the above cookware, Amazon Prime Day also offers slashed prices on kitchen appliances from air fryers and Instant Pots to smart ovens, blenders and coffee makers. If you’re in the market for a new rice cooker, microwave or toaster, check out the noteworthy kitchen appliances we’ve compiled.
Kitchen appliance sales
- Up to 34 percent off select Vitamix products
- 35 percent off Dash Kitchen Appliances
- Up to 40 percent off SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker Machines
- Up to 53 percent off Zojirushi Appliances
Kitchen appliance brand deals
- AmazonBasics: 45 percent off AmazonBasics Microwave bundle with Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
- Chefman: 40 percent off Chefman InstaCoffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart: 60 percent off Cuisinart CDF-500 Extra-Large Rotisserie Deep Fryer
- Rating: 4.3-star average rating, more than 200 reviewers
- Highlights: This compact electric grill features smoke-shield technology and is great for cooking indoors. It also includes non-stick cooking plates, five-temperature settings and extra-large heating elements for dispersed and consistent heating. This deal puts the grill at its lowest price ever.
- Rating: 4.7-star average rating, more than 7,450 reviewers
- Highlights: The Instant Pot Duo Crisp is Amazon's No. 1 bestseller when it comes to air fryers. It works as a pressure cooker, steamer, slow cooker, roaster, air fryer and more. Additionally, it can feed up to eight people and you can throw its removable parts into the dishwasher for convenience. This is the lowest price it’s ever been listed on Amazon.
- Rating: 4.6-star average rating, more than 6,800 reviewers
- Highlights: For the ultimate in meal-prep convenience, control and monitor your air fryer while on the go from your smart devices with this Wi-Fi-enabled model. With over 100 recipes and 11 one-touch presets, enjoy meals cooked faster than a conventional oven. This is the lowest price it’s been listed on Amazon.
Save on home appliances
Home appliance sales
- Up to 35 percent off smart home products from Moen, Leviton, Samsung and more
- Up to 38 percent off iRobot Roomba Vacuums
- Up to 39 percent off Bissell Floorcare
- Up to 44 percent off Shark Vacuums
Home appliance brand deals
- JBL: 30 percent off JBL Boombox Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Samsung: 40 percent off Samsung AirDresser Cabinet Steamer
- Rating: 4.5-star average rating, more than 14,300 reviewers
- Highlights: This upright vacuum includes a HEPA filter and anti-allergen complete seal to catch dust and other air particulates without letting them escape back into the air. It's lightweight and includes swivel steering for you to easily vacuum around furniture and other obstacles. For convenience, the vacuum includes a Lift Away feature so you can detach the canister and clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Rating: 4.6-star average rating, more than 3,000 reviewers
- Highlights: This smart plug, featured in our smart home devices guide, can be used to turn on your lights or plug-in devices via the Kasa app or through voice commands. It works with Amazon Alexa, google Assistant and Microsoft Cortona. You can also set timer or countdown schedules to automatically turn off humidifiers, fans and other electronics for convenience.
- Rating: 4.3-star average rating, more than 20 reviewers
- Highlights: Roomba vacuums are popular among NBC News Shopping and this model features a three-stage cleaning system and auto-adjust its cleaning head with multi-surface brushes for cleaning carpet or hard floors. For convenience, you can schedule it to clean your home through the iRobot Home app or voice controls via Google Assistant or Alexa. Plus, it includes smart sensors for dirt detection and more effective cleaning and can run for up to 90 minutes when charged.
More shopping guides and recommendations
- Best slippers for working from home
- Roku launches Streambar and the new Ultra
- Amazon launches all-new Echo 4th Gen
- Best clothing and fashion sales during Prime Day 2020