Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
Prime Day was created by Amazon, which has an affiliate relationship with Shop TODAY. Whenever you buy an Amazon product through our site, Amazon pays Shop TODAY a small commission on that sale.
Amazon Prime Day, the retailer's biggest shopping event of the year, is ending tonight. Thousands of beauty staples such as skin care, cosmetics, hair care and hot tools, as well as makeup brushes and beauty gadgets, are heavily discounted. Coronavirus essentials such as face masks and air purifiers, in addition to electric toothbrushes and exercise bikes, are also on sale during the annual event. Other shopping reader favorite retailers like Wayfair, Walmart and Target are also hosting large-scale sales during Prime Day, meaning you have more ways to save. In our coverage of Prime Day sales at Amazon — including the best overall Prime Day deals, the best tech deals to shop during Prime Day, the best home and kitchen sales and the best style and fashion sales — we'll be noting top deals and highlighting comparable savings at other retailers to give you an idea of how each sale holds up against the competition. Below, we’ll give you a bird’s eye view of all the best sales on wellness and deals within those sales so you can simplify your shopping and maximize your savings without getting lost in the mess of it.
Prime Day beauty and wellness sales from other retailers
In our in-depth look at the history and impact of Prime Day, several experts told us that, as a result of the exponential growth of Amazon Prime Day (which started in 2015), other major retailers have begun running their own sales during the Amazon sales event. “Quite frankly, it has completely altered the retail calendar,” explained CNBC’s Annie Palmer. While that usually happened in July, this year it’s happening right now.
- In our guide to Walmart’s sales during Prime Day, we found some of the best deals in the retailer’s Save Big Sale event.
- In our guide to Wayfair’s sales during Prime Day, for example, we found some of the best deals in the retailer’s October sales.
- And in our guide to Target’s sales during Prime Day, we found some of the best deals in the retailer’s Deal Days sales.
Outside of those, retailers large and small are running likewise substantial sales right now to match up against Amazon’s Prime Day sale. Here are some of the most relevant ones to Shopping readers looking to save on beauty:
- Charlotte Tilbury: Up to 22 percent off makeup
- Dermstore: Up to 20 percent off with code OHJOY
- Goop: Up to 30 percent off beauty and wellness products
- Macy’s: Up to 25 percent off select brands
- Nordstrom: Up to 40 percent off clearance items
- Sephora: Save on more than 250 beauty products
- Skinstore: Up to 25 percent off during the Family & Friends sale
- Ulta:Up to 50 percent off hair essentials
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Beauty and wellness sales
Our favorite deals to shop right now
We selected the top sale from each category we cover — beauty, fitness, face masks and air purifiers, and electric toothbrushes — in this roundup, based on a combination of its rating, the significance of the deal and, of course, reader interest.
- iHealth: 30 percent off No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
- Foreo: 49 percent off the Foreo Luna 2 Facial Cleansing Brush
- Waterpik: 43 percent off the Waterpik WP-660 Water Flosser
- 23andme: 50 percent off 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service: Personal Genetic DNA Test
- Smart Queen: 20 percent off weighted blankets
- Braun: 30 percent off the Electric Razor for Men Series 7 By Braun
- Bissell: 41 percent off the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Short-term "Lightning Deals"
Amazon also offers limited time only flash sales on 2,200-plus products and counting. Beauty-wise the offering ranges from the Amika hair conditioner to dental tools and razors, along with multiple body massagers for a post-workout treat. To help simplify your search for beauty deals, we're keeping close tabs on these lightning deals, and rounding up the best of the best — items our readers are interested in and products we're adding to our shopping carts — for your consideration.
- L'Oreal Paris Collagen Face Moisturizer
- Professional Hair Straightener
- NOONI Marshmallow Whip Maker Foam Cleanser
- L’Oreal Paris Skin Care, Revitalift Triple Power Fragrance-Free Moisturizer
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin
Beauty sales and deals during Prime Day 2020
Amazon Prime Day is an excellent time to save on makeup, fragrances, skin care, hair products and hot tools like curling irons, blow dryers and flat irons. We combed through all of the beauty deals for you, and rounded up the most noteworthy and highly enticing sales for your consideration from both luxury and mass market beauty brands.
Beauty sales to consider
- Up to 53 percent off facial cleansing brushes and devices from Foreo and PMD Clean
- Up to 50 percent off curling irons, blow dryer and flat irons from BabylissPro, T3, Rusk, and Elchim Milano
- Up to 42 percent off electric shavers and razors from Braun and Gillette
- Up to 40 percent off on Bioderma, Redken and Lady Gaga's Haus Laboratories
- Up to 40 percent off select skin care products from Elemis, Mario Badescu and MDSolarSciences
- Up to 33 percent off fragrances for women and men from Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and Lacoste
- BeautyBlender: 20 percent off all makeup brushes and kits
- Color Wow: Up to 30 percent off hair care products
- Curls: 25 percent off select hair bundles
- Fekkai: 25 percent off any full-size product purchase
- Garnier: 30 percent off select hair care products
- Göt2b: Up to 25 percent off select hair styling products
- Lapcos: Up to 20 percent off select skin care products
- NatureLab. Tokyo: Up to 20 percent off select hair care products
- NuFace: Up to 30 percent off select facial products
- Oribe: Up to 33 percent off select hair products
- Sara Happ: 20 percent off select products
- Skyn Iceland: 25 percent off best sellers
- Stila Cosmetics: 30 percent off all makeup products
- Vita Liberata: Up to 30 percent off select items
1. Foreo Luna 2
- Rating: 4.5-star average, 1,990 reviews
- Highlights: In our guide to shopping for a facial cleanser brush, Ava Shamban, a board-certified dermatologist recommended the Foreo Luna 2 because it is antimicrobial, antibacterial and a non-abrasive way to remove dirt and oil when cleansing your face. If you’re crunched for time you’re in luck — the Luna 2 only requires two minutes of use, and employs T-Sonic technology, which pulsates 8,000 times per minute, to help you get a deeper cleanse and face massage. According to price comparison site CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price the Foreo Luna 2 has hit since November 2019.
- Rating: 4.6-star average, 2,089 reviews
- Highlights: EltaMD is a popular sunscreen brand among NBC News Shopping readers, and the UV Elements Tinted Face Moisturizer was the number one pick on our roundup of dermatologist-recommended skin care products for darker skin tones. It offers broad-spectrum sun protection, meaning it blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays which cause signs of aging and skin cancer, respectively. Additionally, it is a lightweight, water-resistant mineral sunscreen made with hyaluronic acid, a skin care ingredient known for hydrating the skin. According to CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price the sunscreen has been since December 2019.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, 54 reviews
- Highlights: A mineral-infused hair straightener that heats up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and adds hydration, smoothes frizz and flyaways and imparts shine. It is available in two sizes — 1-inch and 1.5-inch flat iron — and sports rounded edges so you can curl or wave your hair with one hot tool. According to CamelCamelCamel, this flat iron has never been discounted on Amazon, making the Prime Day deal its lowest price ever.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, more than 10,800 reviews
- Highlights: This highly-rated eyeliner is beginner-friendly and has a flexible tip that glides across your eyelid without tugging on skin, enabling you to create precise lines or dramatic cat eyes with ease. For the past two years, Stila’s liquid liner has become the go-to eyeliner of choice for associate editor Nicole Saunders because it doesn’t irritate her sensitive eyes and the Black ink holds up throughout the majority of the workday. According to CamelCamelCamel, the last time Stila’s signature liner was in the $15 price range was in March 2015.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, nearly 190 reviews
- Highlights: Dampen your Beauty Blender, squeeze out excess water, then bounce the foam sponge across your face for a streak-free finish, regardless of the formula of your foundation and concealer. This limited-edition gift set features four colorful makeup sponges — Pink, Blue, Green and Yellow — along with matching gemstone-shaped cleansers to help keep your Blender (and your other makeup brushes) sanitized. According to CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price ever for the Beauty Blender kit.
- Rating: 4.8-star average, more than 1,700 reviews
- Highlights: After you secure your other makeup must-haves this Prime Day, you should consider investing in a relatively affordable LED light mirror so you can blend your new makeup with ease. This model has three light settings so you can see how your face beat looks under various types of lighting. As a bonus, it includes a 10X magnifying mirror so you can won't miss and stray hairs while tweezing your brows.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, more than 6,100 reviews
- Highlights: Tasha Reiko Brown, makeup artist to makeup artist to Tracee Ellis Ross, Alicia Keys and Yara Shahidi, recommended this affordable crayon in our guide to long-lasting lipstick, because it “truly lasts” through meetings and meals, “as the color stains down into the lip below the top layer.” Follow her pro tip and start at the center of your lips and feather out for a long-wear stain. These vanilla-scented lipsticks are available in 12 colors and have a built-in sharpener at the end so you can line and fill in your lips with ease.
- Rating: 4.7-star average, nearly 14,000 reviews
- Highlight: Micellar water is a gentle makeup remover and face cleanser in one, and requires only two simple steps: Saturate a clean cotton pad then wipe away dirt and makeup. All skin types — oily, dry, normal, acne-prone and sensitive – can use this gentle cleansing micellar water. This duo includes a full-size bottle for your bathroom medicine cabinet and a travel-friendly bottle you can toss into your luggage.
- Rating: 4.4-star average rating, nearly 5,000 reviews
- Highlight: Reikio Brown and other in-demand celebrity makeup artists recommend you play up your eyes when wearing makeup and a face mask, and this gel eyeliner from Lady Gaga's cosmetics line is an affordable way to create a long-lasting cat-eye. “Play up your mascara and use trends like a colored liner to express yourself while wearing a mask,” said Reiko Brown. Haus Lab's liner is available in more than 20 colors, so you can match your eye makeup to your face mask and outfit.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, more than 11,300 reviews
- Highlights: You can banish whiteheads with help from this popular and highly-rated acne spot treatment that employs pimple-fighting ingredients — salicylic acid, sulfur, and zinc oxide — to zap zits while you rest. After cleansing and toning your face, grab a clean cotton swab and dip it into the sediment at the bottom of the bottle — and dab onto your breakout.
- Rating: 5-star review, 2 reviews
- Highlights: Oprah, Jennifer Lopez and Margot Robbie keep their respective skin care routines on point by consulting board-certified dermatologist Harold Lancer, MD, who founded his namesake skincare line. The Method Polish boasts good-for-you skin care ingredients like magnesium, quartz crystals and sodium, along with pumpkin and pomegranate enzymes, which altogether help gently buff away dead skin cells and reveal softer and brighter skin. There’s also brown sea algae for a boost of hydration.
- Rating: 4.3-star average, more than 525 reviews
- Highlights: Wash your face twice a day with this dermatologist-tested and PETA-certified cleanser that is gentle enough for those with sensitive skin to use. The cleanser removes makeup, dirt and excess oil without stripping your skin of moisture by using a combination of rose flower water and willow bark extract.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, more than 1,100 reviews
- Highlights: Frequent hand washing and using the best hand sanitizers that meet CDC guidance will dry out your hands over time. Take preventive measures against dry, cracked palms and apply a hydrating hand cream such as this one from Dr. Hauschka. The rose-scented cream features ultra-moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, avocado oil and beeswax to keep your hands hydrated throughout the day.
- Rating: 4.8-star average, more than 1,650 reviews
- Highlights: Aquaphor is a multipurpose ointment that you can apply head to toe, including your chapped lips, feet and hands. It’s free of pesky ingredients like fragrances and preservatives, so those with sensitive skin can apply it as well. The duo includes a tub you can keep next to your nightstand and a smaller, travel-friendly bottle for your handbag or backpack.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, more than 920 reviews
- Highlights: One of the biggest beauty hacks for depuffing your face is to store your skincare products and tool — jade roller, Esara ice roller, eye cream and face moisturizer — in a mini fridge. Doing so feels especially refreshing during the summer months or after a hot shower. If you find that you rather keep food and drinks in this mini fridge instead of skincare products you’re welcome to do so since it cools down to a crisp 32 degrees Fahrenheit and heats up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. According to the brand, the refrigerator is also eco-friendly and made with a freon-free semiconductor chip.
Fitness and outdoors sales and deals during Prime Day 2020
Since the coronavirus pandemic has become the catalyst for staying indoors as much as possible, NBC News Shopping readers have gravitated towards investing in their at-home workout equipment, fitness accessories, workout clothes and sneakers. Exercise bikes from top-rated brands (besides Peloton spinning bikes), sports bras, yoga mats and fitness trackers are in-demand among our readers and happen to be on sale during Amazon Prime Day. Of course, if you enjoy spending socially distant time outdoors, then Prime Day 2020 has you covered, as well. Sporting and camping goods are also heavily discounted — some items are up to 81 percent off — so you can enjoy the last few weeks of hiking, swimming, stargazing with telescopes and binoculars and outdoor workouts.
Fitness and outdoor sales to consider
- Up to 30 percent off home gym essentials
Fitness and outdoor brand sales to consider
- Adidas: Up to 40 percent off
- CamelBak: Up to 30 percent off
- Champion: Up to 40 percent off
- Coleman Outdoor: Up to 54 percent off select essentials
- Columbia: Up to 40 percent off shoes and apparel
- New Balance: Up to 30 percent off for the family
- Oakley: Up to 50 percent off apparel, goggles and accessories
- Reebok: Up to 30 percent off footwear and apparel
- Under Armour: 35 percent off for the entire family
Top fitness and outdoor deals to shop right now
- Rating: 4-star average, more than 97 reviews
- Highlights: Craving an early morning cycle but concerned about the potential noise factor affecting your roommates or neighbors? Consider this quiet indoor exercise bike that features a silent magnetic resistance for a smooth cycling experience at home. Challenge yourself at home and track your progress on the LCD monitor, which displays your calories burned, speed, distance and time spent sweating it out on the indoor exercise bike.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, more than 49,100 reviews
- Highlights: FitBit’s top-rated fitness and sleep tracker is compatible with Amazon Alexa for hands free control of your smart gadget. After a night of sleep, the Versa 2 analyzes your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness to give you a sleep score — it also lets you know how long you spend in light, deep and REM sleep stages. According to CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price the FitBit watch has been since June.
- Rating: 4.5-star average, more than 2,400 reviews
- Highlights: Caley Crawford, director of education for Row House, previously told our friends at NBC BETTER that a rowing machine or ergometer is "the most effective machine at the gym" because it helps build stamina without hurting your joints. Fitness Reality's rowing machine has silent magnetic resistance, a handlebar for comfort, stabilizer footpads when you want to do upright rows and the LCD screen displays your stats so you can track your progress.
- Rating: 4.4-star average rating, more than 180 reviewers
- Highlights: Whether you’re looking to spice up your fitness routine or for a new socially-distanced activity, both kids and adults alike can appreciate this indoor fitness trampoline. Stainless steel legs can support up to 220 pounds and an adjustable handrail for intense jumping, bounce away stress from the comfort of your home.
- Rating: 4.7-star average, more than 2,900 reviews
- Highlights: Exercise mats are essential when working out at home, especially when you use an indoor workout machine — spin bikes to treadmills, rowing machines and more — because they prevent your floors from getting scuffed up. Additionally, the BalanceForm floor mat has an anti-slip base and is made of moisture-resistant material, so no worries if you get really sweaty while working out. Just wipe down with soap, water and a clean rag and you're good to go once the mat dries down.
Face mask sales and deals during Prime Day 2020
Unsurprisingly, face masks are one of the most in-demand products among NBC News Shopping readers, and Amazon Prime Day is an especially enticing time to score discounted face masks that ship fast thanks to Amazon Prime’s two-day shipping. We’ve previously consulted medical experts on the best antimicrobial face masks and face masks for kids, shared personal trainer-approved face masks for exercising, rounded up face masks from Etsy, Disney and Old Navy, as well as face masks for work and socially-distant fun. On top of face masks, we included some noteworthy sales on HEPA filter-equipped air purifiers for your consideration as well.
Face mask sales to consider
Face mask brand sales to consider
- Alen BreatheSmart: Up to 22 percent off air purifiers
- Cubcoats: Up to 33 percent off kids face masks
- Levoit: Up to 30 percent off HEPA air purifiers
- Molekule Air: Up to 25 percent off select PECO air purifiers
- Natalie Mills: 20 percent off select masks
- Safe-Mate: 40 percent off select face masks and no-contact tools
Top face mask and air purifier deals to shop right now
- Rating: 4.8-star average, 208 reviews
- Highlights: In our guide to buying air purifiers in 2020, experts recommended that if you invest in an air purifier, opt for one with a HEPA filter because they perform better than those that are not true HEPA purifiers. This model cleans up to 800 square feet of space every 30 minutes and circulates purified air five times per hour to help eliminate pet odor and kill airborne germs and bacteria, according to the brand. Just remember: An air purifier isn’t guaranteed to kill coronavirus. CamelCamelCamel reported this air purifier hasn’t gone on sale since November 2019.
- Rating: 4.1-star average rating, more than 4,170 reviews
- Highlights: These top-rated face masks are recommended for children four-years-old and up. They feature multiple layers, including a 100-percent cotton lining with a pocket to add a filter and elastic ear loops so it’s secure and comfy to wear. The pack of two masks, which are inspired by adorable puppies and tigers, is 33 percent off, making this deal a worthwhile Prime Day 2020 sale to consider. According to CamelCamelCamel, the discount is the lowest price this set of face masks for kids has ever gone.
- Ratings: 4.7-star average, more than 1,700 reviews
- Highlights: Renpho's top-rated air purifier employs a three-stage filtration system — pre-filter, HEPA filter and carbon filter — which it claims will help eliminate up to 99.7 percent of allergens, pollen, dust and more. The compact purifier weighs around six pounds, making it easy to move from room to room. Additionally, this air purifier features a filter replacement indicator, reminding you it's time to swap out an old filter.
- Rating: 4.2-star average, more than 13,600 reviews
- Highlight: Amazon's No. 1 best-selling cloth face mask comes in a set of three and is available in 26 stylish patterns and colorways and two adult sizes: Small/Medium and Large/XL. You can also buy matching face masks for kids if you want to twin with your loved ones. These functional masks are also easy to clean — Just toss into your washing machine, pour in detergent and use hot water, and use medium heat in the dryer and you can reuse them.
- Ratings: 4.2-star average, 280 reviews
- Highlights: Molekule is a popular air purifier brand among Shopping readers, and we’ve previously highlighted the company for their latest release, the Air Pro and for offering air purifiers that ship fast. The Mini is designed to filter air in spaces up to 250 square feet and utilizes Molekule’s patented PECO technology, which the brand claims will help remove bacteria, viruses, gases and mold. According to CamelCamelCamel, this deal is the lowest price ever for the Molekule Air Mini air purifier.
- Rating: 4.4-star average rating, more than 51,600 reviewers
- Highlights: Amazon’s No. 1 bestselling health care thermometer uses infrared technology to read one’s temperature from about 3 centimeters (or about 1.2 inches) away. Aim the probe at the center of your forehead, press the measurement button to start the test and the thermometer will vibrate once the reading is complete. In addition to a temperature sensor, it features distance and environmental sensors that adjust the reading for accuracy. It’s designed to deliver a reading in about one second, showing readings in large, white LED lights that can be seen in dark environments. The only time the price for this thermometer has ever dropped even lower on Amazon was back in April 2019.
Electric toothbrush sales and deals during Prime Day 2020
If you don’t feel comfortable going to the dentist for your regular cleaning, consider investing in an electric toothbrush and other oral hygiene products like dental floss. Keep an eye on this space, as we update the section with future short-term lightning deals and can’t miss deals of the day.
Electric toothbrush and oral hygiene sales to consider
- Up to 50 percent off powered toothbrushes and whitening kits from Oral-B and Crest
Brand sales to consider
Top electric toothbrush deals to shop right now
- Rating: 4.6-star average, more than 560 reviews
- Highlights: The American Dental Association (ADA) advises brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day, and this waterproof electric toothbrush from Mueller has a built-in auto-timer that can help you you clean for the recommended amount of time. Mueller claims its sonic toothbrush can deliver 66,000 brush movements per minute and that it has passed three professional-grade inspections, allowing it to last five times longer than competitors on the market. According to CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price the electric toothbrush has gone since December 2018.
- Rating: 4.6-star average, more than 45,300 reviews
- Highlights: In 2017, Waterpik became the first-ever interdental cleaner brand to gain a seal of approval from the ADA for the product’s ability to help remove up to 99 percent of plaque. The dishwasher-safe device features ten pressure settings and holds 22 ounces of water that lasts for 90 seconds, although Waterpik says you only need to use the waterflosser for one minute. According to CamelCamelCamel, this is the lowest price the Aquarius has dropped down to since November 2019.
More shopping guides and recommendations
- What to know about Roomba robot vacuums
- Best Apple Watch bands to buy
- What to know about air quality monitors