Select is editorially independent. Our editors selected these deals and items because we think you will enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time.
Google has just released its Google Shopping Holiday 100 for 2021, its list of 100 of the top-trending gift ideas based on Google searches this season. They’re letting people know what the hot holiday presents will be this year in categories including gaming, fragrances, tech, health and beauty, sports and wellness, kitchen gear and toys.
The list is published over at Google Shopping, which is an online shopping companion that also lets you buy directly from merchants. To make the best use of it, you can search by product name and follow suggestions to shop for the lowest prices across a selection of retailers.
Though Google wouldn’t share all of its raw data with us, a Google spokesperson confirmed to us that its new list is based purely on Google search data — companies can’t pay to be included. Otherwise, Google did share some interesting trends that came out of this year’s Google Shopping Holiday 2021:
- Google searches for the term “Christmas gift ideas” are already accelerating, growing 30 percent from mid-October to the last full week in October.
- Searches for “best perfume” have grown globally by 40 percent year over year.
- Searches for “wireless gaming headset” grew by 100 percent.
- And, perhaps not surprisingly in the midst of a pandemic, Google searches for the term “single player games” have grown a whopping 600 percent.
To jump-start your season of giving this year, we’ve perused Google’s list of 100 trending gift ideas, matched them against our previous reporting and highlighted some of our favorites based on current high ratings and what we think Select readers will want to consider for the giftees in their lives.
7 highly rated holiday gift ideas from the Google Shopping Holiday 100
To highlight some of the most relevant gifts in Google’s list, we picked our favorite and highest-rated options from each of the list’s seven categories.
For the techie in your life
Tech expert Whitson Gordon called Apple’s entry into the over-ear noise-canceling headphone market “incredibly powerful” and noted that the built-in H1 chip makes pairing with Apple products a breeze — and more stable. Other features include adaptive equalization and spatial audio for this “especially fancy pair of headphones.”
For the beauty expert you’re buying for
The Dyson Airwrap made it onto our list of the 6 best curling irons of 2021. Able to dry and curl your hair simultaneously, the AirWrap comes with 0.8, 1.2 and 1.6-inch barrels that, combined with a shot of cool air, will lock in your new style. It can pair with 11 different accessories and comes in three colorways.
For the person who loves smelling great
This scent from the singer of “Thank U, Next” is meant to evoke the happiness she feels, and includes hints of lavender blossom, juicy pear, bergamot, creme de coconut, vanilla orchid, pralines and musky woods. It has earned an average of 4.5 stars from over 5,000 reviewers on Google Shopping and 4.6 stars out of over 8,000 on Amazon.
For the person who needs a good cup of morning coffee
Allowing you to make coffee that you can personalize but that it “won’t require too much work if you don’t want it to,” according to Select editorial director Gideon Grudo, the pod-based VertuoPlus is for those who want their java fast, but without too much hassle. It made the Select list of 7 best espresso machines for at-home baristas in 2021.
For the fitness fanatic you know
Certified personal trainer and registered nurse Tara Allen called the Peloton “my favorite because it has all the important tech features of a stationary bike (such as power output), offers a smooth ride and also comes with a screen to connect with instructors and fellow riders in a live or previously recorded class.” That’s why we included the Peloton stationary bike on our list of the best exercise bikes.
For the younger kids in your family
Barbie Roberts’ Dream House has come a long way since it debuted in 1962, when it was made entirely of plastic. This modern version of Barbie’s fantasy pad includes a pool, slide and transparent elevator. It has earned an average of 4.8 stars from over 16,000 reviews on Amazon and an average of 4.6 stars from over 2,300 on Google Shopping.
For the gamers you know
Nintendo Switch OLED (currently out of stock)
The just-launched, enhanced version of the bestselling game console has already racked up an average of 4.7 stars from over 1,000 reviewers on Google Shopping, and features a 7-inch OLED screen, adjustable stand, wired LAN port, 64GB internal storage, improved audio and improved angles for comfort, according to the brand.
The full Google Shopping Holiday 100 list
Tech products took up 20 percent of Google’s top 100 list, ranging from gaming consoles to games for the PS5, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
- Nintendo Switch OLED
- Sony PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series X
- Nintendo Wii
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo 64
- Sony PSP
- Original Game Boy
- NBA 2K22
- FIFA 22
- Metroid Dread
- Madden NFL 22
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Far Cry 6
- Mario Party Superstars
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
- Forza Horizon 5
- Tales of Arise
- Battlefield 2042
Health and beauty
Ten of Google’s list of 100 were in health and beauty, including skin creams, lipstick, hair curlers and more. But the list would have been longer if not for one notable change this year.
- Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream
- Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye Tightener
- Clinique Almost Lipstick
- L’Oreal B.B. Magic Skin Beautifier
- Ulta Beauty Box
- Beachwaver Co. Beachwaver PRO 1 Curling Iron
- Dyson Airwrap Complete Hair Styler
- Conair Infinity PRO Curl Secret Curling Iron
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Styling Iron
- e.l.f. Jelly Pop Dew Face Primer
That’s right, fragrances are now their own category in Google’s list of trending 100 gift ideas. Why? When fragrances were a part of the health-and-beauty lineup, they dominated that category, so Google decided to give them their own section in 2021. Here are the top 10 trending fragrance holiday gift ideas on Google this year.
- Dior Sauvage Eau de Toilette
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 Eau De Parfum
- Versace Men's Eros Eau de Toilette Travel Spray
- Sephora Favorites Bestsellers Perfume Sampler Set
- Chanel Bleu De Chanel Eau De Parfum Spray
- Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Eau de Toilette Pour Homme Spray
- Aventus by Creed Eau De Parfum Spray
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum
- Ariana Grande Cloud Eau De Perfume
- Chance Eau Tendre by Chanel Eau De Parfum
With a hefty 15 entries on the list of 100, kitchen gear makes an impressive showing among Googlers’ interest — especially anything involving caffeine or frying.
- Emeril Lagasse 360 Power Air Fryer
- Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker
- Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Machine by De'Longhi
- Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Quart
- KitchenAid KP26M1XNP Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer
- Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Maker
- Baby Brezza Formula Pro Advanced Mixing System for Baby Formula
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
- Chefman Multifunctional Air Fryer Oven
- Toastmaster 4-Quart Deep Fryer
- Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 8-Quart Oval Dutch Oven
- Ninja 4-Quart Air Fryer
- Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker
- Vitamix Immersion Blender
Sports and fitness
Sports and fitness equipment popular this year may reflect life in the pandemic, with stay-at-home fitness equipment like stationary bikes and games like indoor table tennis doing well.
- Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
- Spalding Portable Basketball Hoop
- Wilson Evolution Indoor Game Basketball
- Peloton Stationary Exercise Bike
- Arbor Element Camber Snowboard
- Salomon Pulse Snowboard
- Wilson The Duke Official NFL Game Football
- Schwinn Adult Shuffle Scooter
- MD Sports Mid-Size 4-Piece Indoor Table Tennis Table
- Rossignol Blackops Sender Skis
Toys and games
Naturally, kids’ toys and games are in the forefront of families’ minds as they start shopping for gifts to leave under the tree or in stockings. This year saw a bundle of building sets, superhero-themed sets, retro favorites and classics like the Easy-Bake Oven, Barbie and Pokemon.
- Gabby's Dollhouse 15-Piece Purrfect Dollhouse
- Pokemon Celebrations Deluxe Pin Collection
- Paw Patrol: The Movie Ultimate City Transforming Tower
- Lego Icons Santa’s Visit Playset
- Bratz Boyz Doll Cameron
- Barbie Dream House Playset
- Marvel Spidey and His Amazing Friends Web Squad Figure Collection
- Pokemon Celebrations Elite Trainer Box Card Set
- SuSenGo Titanic Building Block Kit
- Tech Deck Nyjah Huston Skatepark
- Bruder MB Sprinter UPS Truck
- LEGO City Police Mobile Command Center
- Darth Vader Lightsaber
- Kidkraft Grand View Mansion Dollhouse
- Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven
Tech gear rounded out Google’s top 100 with 20 entries ranging from perennial favorites like Apple products to video doorbells, virtual-reality headsets and plenty of earbuds.
- Apple iPhone 13
- Google Pixel 6
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple AirPods (3rd Generation)
- Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headset
- Apple iPad (9th Generation)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4
- Fitbit Luxe Fitness & Wellness Tracker
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
- Apple TV HD (5th Generation)
- Beats Studio Buds Earbuds
- Samsung Galaxy Buds
- Apple AirPods Max
- Ring Video Doorbell 3
- Valve Index Full VR Headset Kit
- Raycon The Everyday Earbuds
- Fitbit Versa 3
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Portable Waterproof Speaker
- Glowforge Plus 3D Laser Printer