New & Notable is our daily highlight of recent shopping news, new product launches, notable sales and deals and more.
Valentine’s Day is upon us. We hope you found some inspiration from our gift guides — whether you plan on showering your partner in jewelry or sending them candy today — but if you still haven’t bought anything for your loved ones, set your Slack status to “Away,” click through our last minute V-day gift guide and blame its lateness on shipping delays. (You can also order same-day flower delivery from Doordash if all else fails.) In other news, Nintendo has debuted a successor to Wii Sports for the Nintendo Switch. In addition to playing tennis and bowling, Nintendo has added soccer and volleyball — the game launches April 29.
SKIP AHEAD Sales and deals
And in case you missed it, we discussed Samsung’s latest Galaxy S22 lineup after reading researching initial reactions across reviewers. The Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra are available for preorder now and will start shipping on Feb. 25. We also spoke to nutrition experts about meal prep containers and detailed the differences between a 401(k), a 403(b) and a Roth 401(k). Meanwhile, our colleagues at Shop TODAY discovered an easier way to organize their freezers that’s worth considering.
Latest releases from Brooklinen, Cole Hann and Garmin
Brooklinen launches new bathroom products
Select reader favorite Brooklinen — well-known for its bedding and home products and whose sleep mask is one of our top-rated picks — released a variety of new gear for the bathroom. The new collection includes super-plush, classic and waffle towels, super-plush and waffle robes, runners and bathmats. The super-plush and classic towels are available in Aqua Blue, Caramel, Goldenrod and Mossy Grey colors. You can find super-plush robes in Aqua Blue and Goldenrod and waffle robes in Aqua Blue and Cool Blue. Runners and bathmats come in a checkered pattern with white and Cool Blue, as well as a reversible striped pattern with Cool Blue, Mossy Grey, Terracotta and white.
Cole Haan drops new sustainable shoe
Cole Haan — founded in 1928 and well-known for its men’s and women’s shoes — is launching the Generation ZEROGRAND II, which the company says is its first sustainable shoe. The ZEROGRAND II’s upper is made from vegan microfiber suede that’s 21-percent-made from recycled material and felt that’s 85-percent-made from recycled plastic bottles, according to the company. Cole Haan also says that the outsole is made from the company’s FlowerFoam material, which contains at least 25 percent dandelion rubber.
Garmin releases new GPS smartwatch
Garmin first broke through our collective consciousness with its ever-popular car GPS and is well known for its popular GPS smart watches — which we’ve featured in our coverage of fitness trackers and smart watches. Recently, the company announced the Garmin Instinct 2: This GPS Smartwatch, positively reviewed by GearJunkie and TechRadar, comes in several different styles: a Standard edition, Camo-patterned edition, Surf edition with tide data and a dezl edition for truckers. Notably, you can also purchase the watch with solar lenses that store power and charge your watch using sunlight. It can detect physiological measurements like heart rate, sleep time, VO2 max, blood oxygen saturation, as well as other specialized metrics like stress level, energy level and your fitness age, Garmin says.
Ongoing February sales
- Graf Lantz is hosting a Winter Sale through Feb. 19, offering 30 percent off select items and 40 percent off select discounted items.
- Gravity Blankets is offering 30 percent off its Valentine’s Day shop through Feb. 15.
- Brooklyn Bedding is offering 25 percent off in-store and online through March 1.
- Bed Bath & Beyond is offering 20 percent off cookware during its Beyond Cooking Event through Feb. 21.
- Plants.com is offering 20 percent off sitewide ending today.
- Cleancult is offering 20 percent off refill products through tomorrow using code FALLFOR20.
- Pandora is offering 16 percent off the Pandora Moments Padlock & Heart Bracelet Gift Set ending tomorrow.
- Urban Outfitters is offering 14 percent off today only.
- TUSHY is offering 14 percent off bidets through today with code IFARTYOU.
- Avocado Mattress is offering 10 percent off sitewide with code SAVE10 through Feb. 28.
- Leesa is offering up to $500 off Mattresses plus a free Organic Sheet Set until March 8.
- Tempur-Pedic is offering up to $500 on adjustable mattress sets through February.
- Layla Sleep is offering up to $200 off Mattresses plus two free Layla Memory Foam Pillows through February.
Catch up on Select’s in-depth coverage of personal finance, tech and tools, wellness and more, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date.