With the holidays just weeks away, gift purchasing season is in full effect. Here at Select, we’ve sourced previous coverage and Select reader interest to recommend gift ideas for everyone, from chocolate lovers to cat lovers and more.
Today marks two weeks from Christmas Eve, and shoppers need to buy their gifts soon to ensure they’ll arrive in time for the holidays. In fact, today is the deadline to purchase the SoulCycle At-Home Bike to guarantee delivery before the holidays. Brands like Londontown, Threadless and City Beauty have also said that today is the cutoff date for guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Sephora’s Beauty for All sales event ends this Sunday, Dec. 12, so if you’re in need of beauty products (or just really want them), then load up this weekend before deals run out.
In any case, global supply chain issues continue to wreak havoc on the world economy, and inflation is at its highest level since 1982, so now is the time to check items off your holiday shopping list. If you need something in a pinch to give during the holidays, check out these new releases from Adidas, G-Shock and Kiramoon.
New launches from Adidas, G-Shock and Kiramoon
If you’re still looking for holiday gifts, here are a few recent launches we’ve selected based on our previous coverage and Select reader interest.
The newest Ultraboost shoes are here, and Adidas’ all-women design team updated this shoe with women’s feet in mind, according to the company. Adidas says the new shoe has narrower heel cups and shallower forefoot profiles, as well as heel cushioning to reduce blisters and slippage. According to the company, the shoe features 4 percent more “boost” (energy return) and a female-specific torsion system.
This limited edition watch from G-Shock is the company’s second collaboration with Japanese Washington Wizards star Rui Hachimura. This new watch has a copper bezel, a red, yellow and green colorway drawing inspiration from Hachimura’s father’s home country of Benin, as well as Hachimura’s “Black Samurai” engraved logo. The watch also comes with two different bands: a textured, black silicone band and kente-cloth silicone band.
Kiramoon launched Silkie Rinse, its newest facial cleanser. The rinse’s main ingredients are ceramides, squalane, rose water and raspberry extract, and it’s both vegan and gluten-free, according to the company. Kiramoon says that the wash contains no added fragrance and is safe for any skin. The bottle is also 100 percent recyclable, according to the company.
Ongoing December sales
Most Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals have concluded by now, but retailers are still offering discounts on popular items for the holiday shopping season. Check out our guide to December sales as well as the sales we have listed here:
- 1-800-Flowers is offering up to 50 percent off holiday flowers and gifts.
- SkinStore is offering up to 50 percent off select last-minute gifts.
- AeroGarden is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide with the code HOLIDAY20.
- The Sill is offering up to 50 percent off select plants, planters, holiday bundles and more.
- SimpliSafe is offering 50 percent off all home security systems and will include a free SimpliCam until midnight tonight.
- The Company Store is offering up to 40 percent off on select items through Dec. 19.
- Target is offering up to 40 percent off tech and 30 percent off kids’ clothing.
- LifeStraw is offering up to 35 percent off through Dec. 12.
- Colgate is offering up to 35 percent off sitewide through Dec. 31.
- Sephora is offering 30 percent off its Sephora collection (no code required) and 20 percent off sitewide using the code GIFTEASY for Beauty Insiders through Dec. 12.
- prAna is offering 25 percent off orders with the code HAPPY25 through Dec. 13.
- Londontown is offering 25 percent off all items (excluding UV gels and gift cards) using the code JOLLY25 through Dec. 20.
- Kinsa Health is offering 20 percent off sitewide through Jan. 1 with the code CHEERS.
- Nest Bedding is offering up to to $850 off mattresses, sheets and more through Dec. 13.
- The Google Store is offering up to $130 off select Nest home security products through Jan. 2.