This story is part of Select's New & Notable column, where we highlight our favorite product launches, major sales, what we're buying and some of our latest recommendations and advice.
This week, we’re highlighting the debut of a celebrity collaboration with Beats, new tech offerings from Samsung, a new saucepan offered by a Select favorite brand.
New this week
- Beats is partnering with Kim Kardashian for a Beats Fit Pro True Wireless Earbuds in three neutral colors: Moon, Dune and Earth. The earbuds will be available online for order on August 16. If you’d rather buy them in-store, they will only be available at 10 locations internationally starting August 17.
- Highlights from Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked event include a thinner and lighter Galaxy Z Fold 4 and a foldable Galaxy Z Flip 4 with a larger battery than previous versions. Samsung also introduced the Galaxy Watch 5 and the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, which both feature an improved, curved sensor for more accurate wellness readings, according to the brand. Last were the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, which Samsung says have a battery life of up to 8 hours and an IPX7 rating for water resistance. Everything is available for pre-order now.
- Select readers have historically loved Our Place, which announced the Mini Always Pan — an 8.5-inch wide version of the 10-inch Always Pan. Both allow you to fry, sautee, and steam your food, among other options. The pan is available for pre-order in six colors and will start shipping in mid-August.
- Solo Stove updated its three, stainless steel fire pit models — Bonfire 2.0, Ranger 2.0 and Yukon 2.0 — with a removable ash pan, which the brand says makes the fire pits easier to clean. Oh, and all three models are currently on sale.
On sale this week
Here are some of our favorite ongoing sales from brands and retailers we think you should know about.
- Bed Bath and Beyond is offering up to 80% off sitewide during the Warehouse Clearance Event
- Alo Moves is offering 50% off both monthly and annual memberships to new members from August 15th to the 31st. Alo Moves says it is offering a “lifetime lock” on the 50% off rate.
- American Eagle is offering 25% off all jeans and tops through August 18.
- Dermstore is offering up to 25% off top brands with code CHEERS during the Anniversary Sale through August 17.
- Madewell is offering 20% off for teachers and college students through August 29
Shopping news: Uber Eats teams up with The Body Shop and Allbirds continues its kids’ shoe line
- As Uber Eats moves into non-grocery goods, it has announced a collaboration with The Body Shop to offer same-day delivery on over 2,000 self care products in several states across the country.
- Allbirds CEO Tim Brown said it will make Smallbirds, its kids’ shoe collection, a permanent feature — so you’re in luck if you love buying Allbirds for the whole family. Allbirds will also discontinue its leggings offerings and change its athletic apparel to be “seasonless.”
- CNBC reports that Bed Bath and Beyond is discontinuing its in-house brand Wild Sage, which makes home goods, decor and furniture. Products from Bed Bath and Beyond’s other in-house brands — like Studio 3B and Simply Essential — are still being offered in full, though.
What we bought this week
I'm getting over a terrible nail-biting habit, and the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener has helped a lot. I have very thin, brittle nails from years of biting my nails and I've noticed a major difference when I use this polish: They feel and look healthier and aren't breaking nearly as much as before. I also like that it's clear, so I didn't have to commit to a specific color and can wear it every day on its own (or underneath my other nail polish). — Mili Godio, associate reporter
I bought this West Elm collapsible play tent mostly for my 8-month-old, but to be honest, a little for myself as well. As he’s begun crawling and exploring, it's an adorable place for him to play. It’s alsolarge enough to fit him, his toys and his dog brother, Wesley. The material is light and easy to clean and even though it’s large, the tent folds so you can easily slide it into a closet. — Becca Delman, commerce photo editor and coordinator
What we’ve recommended this week
- We spoke to dermatologists to recommend under-eye patches for puffiness, dark circles and lines.
- Reporter Zoe Malin spoke to doctors — and shared her own experiences — to recommend compression socks for everyday comfort.
- We shopped Select favorite brands and used student discount finders to round up over 50 of the best student discount programs and discounts available.
- I shared my love of Carbona’s Stain Devils, which I have relied on for over five years to fight a wide range of stains on beloved articles of clothing.