Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
This article contains deals across broad categories of products from several retailers that we think you’ll want to know about. In some instances, we may make a commission on purchases made from those retailers.
It's the morning after Thanksgiving and finally here: We've been publishing about Black Friday, Cyber Monday and other November sales for weeks given the early sales and deals that brands and retailers have released this year long before Thanksgiving. Now those same sales and deals are running at full force. Among those retailers offering Black Friday deals are Amazon, Home Depot, Target, Walmart and Wayfair, each pushing out new Black Friday deals regularly, limited-supply doorbusters and days-long discounts alike. And shoppers are likewise expected to respond with action: Retail groups predict the total sales during Black Friday this year to grow roughly 5 percent from the same amount in 2019. It might be in your best interest to shop early this year. FedEx, UPS and other delivery services are bracing themselves for a potential “shortfall of as many as 7 million packages a day,” NBC News reported in October.
All of the existing and upcoming Black Friday sales, including inaugural ones like Everlane's first-ever Black Friday sale, amount to thousands of products to sort through across categories — from laptops and humidifiers to tech, pets and the very popular AirPods Pro. To help you sort through the mess of it all, we’ve compiled what we believe to be the most notable Black Friday deals, as well as based some picks on NBC News Shopping reader favorite brands and retailers and online search data.
To better understand how to approach shopping during Black Friday 2020, we consulted consumer analyst Julie Ramhold at DealNews and The NPD Group’s chief industry advisor Marshal Cohen, an expert in retail and consumer behaviors, as well as Digital Commerce 360’s Jessica Young. Whether you’re thinking of elevating your home or kitchen or hoping to snag some discounted tech to gift your loved ones during this holiday season, we’ve got you covered. From now through Black Friday, we'll be regularly updating this article with the latest sales and deals worth considering.
When to shop for Black Friday deals
We asked Cohen what the most important thing is for Black Friday shoppers to keep in mind this year. “These are usually very good deals,” he said. “This year there are key products that will sell out. So don’t dawdle, purchase early.”
To help you navigate some of the best ongoing and massive sales right now, we broke out top options below into different buckets from tech and apparel to home and kitchen, fitness and more, and finally highlighted some of our favorite ongoing deals.
Best Black Friday sales: Reader favorite brands and retailers
Shopping readers have gravitated to a variety of brands and retailers this Black Friday, ranging from Burt's Bees to GAP-owned brands, including Old Navy and Athleta. With an eye towards spending more time indoors, it also appears Shopping readers care about investing in home wares, such as the highly-rated Grommet Curtain Panel and Walmart Mainstays Marjorie Sheer Voile Curtain Pane. After you purchase a new heavily-discounted smart TV, fully upgrade your streaming game with a 72-percent off monthly subscription to Hulu.
- Amazon is offering thousands of sales on its own, from board games and Chromebooks to face masks, monitors and desktops and its own devices, of course, like the brand new Echo Dot
- Best Buy is offering holiday deals on TVs, laptops, major appliances, video gaming consoles and video games, including deals on Nintendo Switch games
- BJs is offering Black Friday sales on appliances, TVs, tech and moreCostco is cutting prices substantially on select furniture, toys, apparel and more
- Dyson is offering up to $200 off select Dyson models
- Eddie Bauer is offering 50 percent off sitewide
- Etsy sellers are offering up to 60 percent off across the site
- Hulu is offering a $2 monthly subscription for new and eligible returning subscribers starting at midnight on Thanksgiving
- KitchenAid is offering $100 off select stand mixers and 25 percent off select appliances
- Kohl’s is offering up to 70 percent off in select departments
- Lowe's is giving you up to 40 percent off select lighting and ceiling fans and up to 60 percent off select electrical products
- Macy’s is offering Black Friday sales on home goods, clothing, shoes and more
- Molekule is offering a staggered sale on its air purifiers with up to $200 in savings
- Old Navy is giving you up to 50 percent off sitewide
- Target is offering up to 50 percent off kitchen appliances, 50 percent off select headphones, up to 40 percent off floor care and vacuums, 30 percent off TVs and deals on Nintendo Switch games
- Walmart is cutting prices on a slew of items, including up to 40 percent off clothing and accessories and up to 50 percent off Nintendo Switch games
- Wayfair is offering up to 80 percent off dining room furniture, bedroom furniture, Christmas trees, decor and more during their Big Holiday Sale
- Williams-Sonoma is offering an extra 20 percent off clearance sales with code EXTRA
Best Black Friday deals
- Rating: 4.7-star average rating, more than 90,000 reviews
This is the lowest price the AirPods Pro have ever been. For shoppers who are able to invest a bit more in wireless earbuds for personal use or for a lucky gift recipient, the AirPods Pro model are the best wireless earbuds for Apple users. Apple’s AirPod Pros dominated this year’s Prime Day and we don’t expect things to be any different for Black Friday and Cyber Monday this holiday season.
- Rating: 4.6-star average, more than 650 reviews
According to Honey, this is the second-lowest price these headphones have ever been in at least four months — with the lowest being $170 from Oct. 29 through Nov. 2. The wireless headphones include active noise cancelling technology to block out distractions, as well as transparency mode for when you want to be able to hear the world around you. They are ergonomically designed for comfort and feature 40 hours of battery life when fully charged. Plus, you can find them in a variety of colors, including Red, Light Blue and Black.
Rating: 4.6 star-average rating, more than 140 reviews
This highly-rated smart thermometer provides fast temperature readings in less than eight seconds. It’s designed to provide personalized information based on a person’s age and symptoms, too. The QuickCare thermometer can be used orally, rectally or under the arm. It also provides a detailed log of your family’s health history that can be shared with your doctor. You can learn more in our guide to the best thermometers.
- Rating: 4.3-star average, more than 500 reviews
According to price comparison site camelcamelcamel, this is the lowest price this LG TV has ever been listed on Amazon. It’s 27-inches wide and includes a thin bezel with an adjustable stand. It features the VESA DisplayHDR 400 for a wider range of colors and brightness, as well as better contrast. It also has USB-C connectivity so you can view content in 4K video display, transfer data and charge your laptop and smartphone devices.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, more than 1,000 reviews
According to Honey, this is the lowest price this Samsung refrigerator has ever been in at least four months. It’s energy-efficient and features black stainless steel with a fingerprint-resistant finish for a sleek design that’s also functional. The refrigerator also sports a Food Showcase Door, FlexZone Drawer for additional storage and built in pitcher. Plus, it’s Wi-Fi enabled and comes with Bixby, Samsung’s virtual assistant, so you can easily adjust the temperature settings.
- Rating: 5-star average rating, more than 760 reviews
Our Place created the Always Pan, a three-pound pan, which the company says can replace eight pieces of cookware, including a skillet, frying pan, saute pan, steamer and more. The non-stick pan comes with a nesting steamer that doubles as a colander, a spatulate and built-in spoon rest and a handle that stays cool while you cook. Right now, all six colors are discounted when you enter the code SUPERSALE at checkout, including Blue Salt, a new edition released in late October, plus Steam and Char, two bestsellers.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, more than 20 reviews on Amazon
Weighted blankets are a popular item among Shopping readers and according to Irina Zhdanova, MD, CEO of ClockCoach, the warm hug sensation helps "you feel more secure" and prevents you from disturbing yourself while trying to sleep. She also previously told our friends at NBC BETTER that "being hugged is a very powerful stimulus." BlanQuil's weighted blanket is made from breathable, hypoallergenic materials and can help you feel cozy while trying to sleep or binge watching TV on your couch. According to the brand, the blanket also promotes “compression therapy,” which helps lower stress levels and improve sleep and relaxation.
- Rating: 4.3 star-average, more than 80 ratings
According to Honey, this is the lowest price iRobot’s Wi-Fi-connected robot vacuum has hit in the last 120 days. It utilizes Reactive Sensor Technology to clean your hard floors and carpets in straight lines, and the multi-surface rubber brushes are great for homes with pets because it can pick up stray pet fur food. The updated iRobot Home App helps organize your cleaning schedule and pairs with both Google Assistant and Alexa to start cleaning with the sound of your voice. iRobot says all i series Roombas boast a filtration system that captures up to 99-percent of dog and cat allergens, dust mites, pollen, mold and other dander.
- Rating: 3.8-star average, 240 reviews
According to camelcamelcamel, the 15-percent discount means this is the lowest price the Muse S has dropped down to since mid-January. If you could use some help falling asleep faster, consider sporting this headband that guides you through meditation practices. Muse S boasts a 10-hour battery life and features Go To Sleep Journeys, which includes peaceful soundscapes to help you relax before bedtime. The Bluetooth-enabled gadget provides real-time feedback based on your brain activity, heart rate, breathing patterns and body movements. And it keeps a detailed report of findings that you can review on the Muse app, which is compatible with smartphones and tablets that are running iOS 11 and Android 5 or higher.
- Rating: Not provided
From purchasing exercise bikes besides Peloton to shopping for (relatively) affordable spin bikes from top-rated brands like Echelon, Shopping readers have shown a keen interest in indoor exercise bikes. One option worth considering right now is the all-encompassing stationary bike and kit from MYX Fitness, dubbed the MYX Plus, and it is currently $250 off with the code BLACKFRIDAY. The indoor exercise bike boasts a 21.5-inch touchscreen tablet where you can stream numerous fitness classes, including spinning, HIIT and kettlebells. Your kit comes with two mats — one helps stabilize the bike and the other is for your mat workouts, like yoga. The bike boasts a Polar OH1 heart rate monitor, a six-piece set of weights, and resistance bands to help tone your muscles. There is also a foam roller to help you release muscle tension. Choose between two colors — Natural White and Deep Charcoal — and from three weights, ranging from Light to Heavy.
- Rating: 4.4-star average, more than 1,200 reviews
According to price comparison site camelcamelcamel, this is the lowest price the Ullo wine purifier has dropped down to since late-August. When switched off, it uses a proprietary filter to remove sulfites and preservatives that may have been added to wines during production. As a result, it helps restore the natural taste of red and white wines, according to the brand. The dishwasher-safe device is made from silicone and BPA-free material, and when turned on, it doubles as a wine aerator, which "is simply the act of introducing oxygen to a substrate,” Cycles Gladiator’s founding winemaker Adam LaZarre previously told us.
- Rating: 4.4 star-average, more than 10,000 reviews
This Orbi mesh Wi-Fi system is a two-part mesh system that uses Wi-Fi 6 technology to maintain strong connections throughout the home. According to Honey, this is the lowest price for the Orbi system in the last four months, barring a handful of similar sales earlier this month that last a few days. The Orbi includes eight streams of Wi-Fi 6, speeds up to 6Gbps, 4K/8K UHD streaming and more. The system also includes Netgear’s Armor advanced cybersecurity protection for all connected devices. Users can also connect the device to their Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant accounts to use voice commands to control Wi-Fi throughout the home.
- Rating: 4.4 star-average, more than 50 reviews
According to Honey, this is the lowest price this smart baby monitor has been in at least four months. Designed with Logitech, the monitor features 1080p HD resolution for better clarity and offers a 180-degree view. You can watch the video stream from the Lumi App, use two-way audio to soothe and talk to your baby while away and create daily time-lapse videos. Additionally, the device can monitor room conditions, including humidity and temperature, and has access to Wonder Weeks mental development leaps. It also comes in a bundle option that includes the monitor, two sleep sensors and 222 diapers.
Best Black Friday bedroom and bedding sales
- Allswell is offering up to 25 percent off select products
- Avocado is offering discounts as a part of its Cyber Holiday Sale, including $200 off its new latex mattresses with code CYBER200 and $150 off a wood bed frame with code BED150 through Dec. 7
- Bear is offering 20 percent off sitewide as well as a $250 free gift set, including two pillows and a queen sheet set, with purchase with code BF20
- Brooklinen is offering 20 percent off sitewide
- Brooklyn Bedding is offering 25 percent off sitewide and 50 percent off all sheets
- Casper is offering 30 percent off product bundles, 20 percent off mattresses, 15 percent off mattresses and 10 percent off pillows and other bedding
- Helix is giving you up to $200 off a mattress, plus two free dream pillows with purchase
- Layla is giving you up to $200 off mattresses and is promising $300 in "free accessories” with purchase
- Leesa is offering up to $500 off a mattresses and two free pillows with purchase
- Mattress Firm is offering up to 50 percent off select mattresses and a free adjustable base with the purchase of a queen mattress $699 and up with code ELEVATE
- Nest Bedding is offering 25 percent off sitewide
- PlushBeds is offering 25 percent off all toppers, bedding and furniture and $1,250 off all organic bedroom mattresses through Nov. 27
- Purple is giving you up to $200 off select mattresses and up to 20 percent off Holiday bundles on bedding and cushions
- RVMattress.com is offering 25 percent off sitewide and 50 percent off all sheets with code BLACKFRIDAY25 through Nov. 29
- Spoon Sleep is offering 20 percent off the original mattress
Best Black Friday laptop deals, TV sales and other tech discounts
- Aura Frames is offering up to 20 percent off select digital picture frames
- Dell is offering up to 62 percent off tech, including laptops, monitors and desktops through Nov. 27
- GameStop will be offering up to 50 percent off gaming gifts, including headphones, Nintendo Switch controllers, Nintendo Switch games and more, from Nov. 22 through Nov. 25
- Lenovo is giving you up to 70 percent off doorbusters, including desktops and select ThinkPad laptops with coupon BLACKFRIYAY
- Mount-It is offering 15 percent off sitewide and up to 60 percent off select items, including the Full Motion Dual Monitor Desk Mount and Home Theater Speaker Stands
- PhoneSoap, purveyor of UV phone sanitizers, is offering 20 percent off with code HOLIDAY20
- Polar is offering up to 40 percent off the Polar Vantage M running watch with code FRIDAY2020
- Samsung is cutting prices, including up to $3,000 off TVs, up to 35 percent off washers, up to 30 percent off select refrigerators and more
- Withings is offering up to 50 percent off its health and fitness tracking devices
Best Black Friday apparel sales
Best Black Friday sales on clothes and general apparel
- Abercrombie & Fitch is offering 40 percent off sitewide for myAbercrombie members and 25 percent off for nonmembers
- Bonobos is giving you up to 35 percent off sitewide with code FRIDAYWEEK
- DU/ER is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide
- Kenny Flowers is giving you up to 20 percent off with code KF20
- The Disney Store is offering up to 40 percent off early Black Friday deals during the Magical Savings Event, an extra 20 percent off Cars and Frozen themed items with code MAGIC and free shipping on orders over $75 with code SHIPMAGIC
- Florsheim is offering up to 25 percent off sitewide using promo code 2BCKF
- Madewell is offering 30 percent off sitewide and 50 percent off select items
- Lands’ End is offering 60 percent off sitewide with code PUMPKIN
- Le Club is giving 60 percent off sitewide with promo code HOLIDAY60
- Thirdlove is offering up to 40 percent off bras
Best Black Friday sales on fitness apparel
- Adidas is offering up to 50 percent off thousands of items during its early Black Friday sale
- Bandier is offering 30 percent off sitewide and storewide on outerwear, leggings and more
- Rhone is offering up to 30 percent off sitewide
- Lord and Taylor (closing sale) is offering 60 to 80 percent off sitewide
- Nordstrom is offering up to 50 percent off top brands, including UGG, Topshop, Nike and more through Dec. 1
- Nordstrom Rack is offering up to 87 percent off last chance items Ruby Love is giving you up to 20 percent off with the appropriate code through Nov. 26
- Saks Fifth Avenue is offering up to $200 off your full-price purchase with code BFEARLYSF through Nov. 25
- Saks Off 5th is offering up to 85 percent off items sitewide, as well as an extra 50 percent off cold-weather essentials, an extra 50 percent off boots and an extra 25 percent off crossbody bags and more with code BFSTEALS through Nov. 27
- Verishop is offering 25 percent off full-price fashion and 15 percent off full-price home and beauty with code HOLIDAY (must spend $100 minimum)
Best Black Friday sales on glasses and jewelry
- EyeBuyDirect is offering 20 percent off sitewide with code SNEAKPEEK
- Felix Gray is offering 15 percent off sitewide with code DIGIN
- GlassesUSA.com is offering up to 65 percent off sitewide
- LensDirect is offering 15 percent off sitewide
- Pandora is offering up to 35 percent off sitewide on jewelry every Friday during November
Best Black Friday shoes deals
- Minnetonka is offering 25 percent off select styles with code GIVECOZY
- New Balance is offering 25 percent off sitewide
- Nike is offering up to 50 percent off select styles
- Reebok is offering up to 40 percent off select styles
- TOMS is providing up to 60 percent off sales styles and 35 percent off sitewide
Best Black Friday beauty sales
- Alleyoop is offering up to 20 percent off sitewide
- Algenist is offering 30 percent off sitewide
- Billie is offering 20 percent off purchases over $30 with code YES20
- Charlotte Tilbury is offering up to 30 percent off from now until Dec. 1
- For Hims and For Hers are offering up to 30 percent off gift sets with code HOLIDAY30
- Good Habit is offering up to 25 percent off sitewide from Nov. 27 to Nov. 30
- Haus Laboratories is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide
- Murad is offering up to 25 percent off all orders and a free full-size renewing eye cream with $150 order
- skyn ICELAND is offering 25 percent off sitewide
- Verishop is offering up to 15 percent off select beauty products
Best Black Friday deals for your home
- AeroGarden is offering up to 45 percent off garden products and 20 percent off sitewide
- Bed Bath & Beyond is giving you up to 50 percent off various full departments, like up to $155 off Shark vacuums and 25 percent off select bakeware
- Burrow is cutting 10 percent off all products up to $1,399 with code DEALS and offering staggered discounts on buys exceeding that amount
- Garrett Wade is offering 50 percent off select gifts
- Rugs.com is giving you up to 70 percent off sitewide (with free delivery and returns on all purchases)
- Pure Enrichment, known for its health and wellness products, is offering up to 20 percent off on its Amazon storefront
- QVC is offering hundreds of dollars off home goods, including Shark vacuums, Dyson air purifiers and more
- Rifle Paper Co is offering 30 percent off sitewide
- Verilux, known for offering lighting solutions and selling light therapy products, is offering 20 percent off sitewide with code CYBERWEEK20
- Verishop is offering up to 25 percent off fashiion and up to 15 percent off home goods and kitchen gadgets with code HOLIDAY
Best Black Friday sales for the kitchen
- Canary with Nom Nom are offering more than 50 percent off the first two-weeks of a Nom Nom meal subscription and the Canary View Camera
- Hydros is offering 30 percent off sitewide with code GRATEFUL
- Keurig is offering up to 30 percent off coffee makers and accessories
- Nespresso is offering up to 30 percent off all Vertuo coffee makers and select Original coffee makers
- Our Place is offering up to 35 percent off its Always Pan and Dinner for Four bundle
Best Black Friday sales for the bathroom
- BioBidet is offering up to 33 percent off top-selling bidets and accessories
- Dyson is offering various sales across its products and specifically $120 in gifts with the purchase of its hair care products.
Best Black Friday deals on outdoors and sports gear and apparel
- Academy Sports is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide, from exercise bikes to fishing gear
- Amazon is offering 1,000 Black Friday deals in its Sports & Outdoors category
- Bass Pro Shops is offering up to 60 percent off sitewide
- BioLite is offering 25 percent off sitewide
- Dick's Sporting Goods is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide, 25 percent off select Nike products and other sales
- Luminora is offering up to 30 percent off sitewide until Dec.1 with code NOVEMBER30
- Moosejaw is offering up to 30 percent off sitewide
- prAna is offering 30 percent off select styles with free shopping on all orders
- REI is offering up to 40 percent off outlet gifts
- Smartwool is offering up to 50 percent off end-of-season styles
Best Black Friday deals on fitness and health products
- Ergatta is giving you $250 off the Ergatta Rower with code BF250
- Muse is offering 15 percent off its meditation headband on Amazon
- MYXfitness is offering $250 off all exercise bikes
- P.volve is offering 50 percent off all kits and multi-month memberships with code BF50
Best Black Friday deals on food and drink
- The Dough Project, known for all-natural doughs and DIY mixes, is providing 30 percent off sitewide and free shipping on orders over $50 with code THANKS30
- Health-Ade Kombucha is providing 50 percent off sitewide with code HOLIDAY50
- Shipt is offering 50 percent off delivery and 50 percent off the Shipt Everyday annual plan and various plan passes
- Usual Wines is offering 21 percent off orders of twelve or more glasses
- VineBox is offering 20 percent off 12 nights of wine
Best Black Friday deals: What to buy during Black Friday
“Retailers need to incentivize earlier holiday buying to help their warehouse teams and shipping carriers spread out deliveries for peak times as both already are struggling to keep up with Covid-19-related surges in e-commerce,” said senior research analyst Young of Digital Commerce 360. “Many are speculating consumers will be plagued by out-of-stock items or late packages if they wait until typical holiday rush times to shop.”
Deals are lasting about a week compared to a few days at most in previous years.
Julie Ramhold, Consumer Analyst, DealNews
The NPD Group’s Now in Retail October study found consumers “plan to spend” an average of $691 during this shopping season. Tech and home goods, the year’s “hottest trends,” according to NPD, will “continue their momentum,” and half of consumers are projected to buy clothing, footwear and accessories “as gifts this year.” So what are you planning to get?
Ramhold suggests keeping an eye out for discounted Apple watches with the exception of the new SE and Series 6, clothing sales at up to 75 percent off and massive TV deals. And while Amazon Prime Day lowered prices already on many items across the board, Ramhold said to look out for last year’s generation of devices and some newer ones like the Echo Show 5 and the Fire TV Stick Lite. Finally, while it’s generally recommended that certain products’ savings differ by days, Ramhold said “most often we see a similar distribution across Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday for many of them, with one just barely edging out ahead of the others.”
What can wait during Black Friday
Although there is a plethora of deals to consider, ranging wider than some years past, Ramhold suggested holding off on some items like the new Xbox and PlayStation, which were just released this week. “You can expect absolutely no deals on these items right now, even if bundled with games and accessories you'll likely be paying list price for everything in them.” Ramhold also suggested waiting to buy holiday decorations until the end of December, fitness equipment until January and travel deals in general.
How will Black Friday differ this year than years past?
“Historically, Black Friday was a store-centric retail sales holiday, with consumers braving jam-packed aisles and waiting in long lines to nab doorbusters,” Young explained. In recent years, “retail chains have extended more Black Friday sales to consumers buying online, and a greater share of seasonal dollars are spent on e-commerce sites.” Specifically, retailers are encouraging shoppers to shop online this year with online-only sales on big ticket items and smaller in-store deals. “Walmart is offering things like movies, books, and vinyl albums at discounted prices in-store only, but those deals are also going to last longer than just a few hours, so consumers will have plenty of time to shop them,” Ramhold said.
Retailers are also releasing early sales since late October, so the 2020 Black Friday season is longer than years past, what Cohen calls a “redefined” holiday. “With the migration of so many people shifting shopping online, and the entry of Prime Day and Deal Days in October, we saw a clear shift in timing and where consumers purchase,” he said. Young noted that “nearly a quarter of sites for the largest North American online retailers had already started using holiday messaging by Oct. 15.”
And just as it’s impacted other events in 2020, Ramold said Covid will affect shopping with longer-lasting deals. “Target is releasing new deals every week, and Walmart planned three Black Friday events this year in an effort to space things out. In each case, deals are lasting about a week compared to a few days at most in previous years.” Covid-19, will also result in longer wait times to shop in-store, Ramhold projected, given a larger push from stores to direct customers to curbside pickup and likewise more expected shipping delays. Finally, the delayed Amazon Prime Day 2020 sale likely affected Black Friday as “some deals on Amazon devices for Prime Day have already returned at other retailers since then, including Target and Best Buy, as well as Amazon itself.” While Ramhold says we may see Prime Day prices again, it isn’t likely that they’ll drop lower.
Catch up on the latest from NBC News Shopping guides and recommendations and download the NBC News app for full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Looking for the perfect gift? Check out the Shop TODAY Holiday Plaza.